Saturday, August 11, 2012

Crypticon returns to KC in 2012, who am I going to see there?


    Last year Crypticon first showed up in Kansas City and it was a hell of a lot of fun. For a new convention in town it boasted a rather impressive guest list (Bill Moseley, Kane Hodder, Geretta Geretta, Barbara Magnolfi, Allan Kayser, Beverly Randolph, and my fanboy ass finally got to meet Linnea Quigley.), and the vendors had plenty of cool stuff for sale. These may have been the only two aspects of the convention that I took part in last year, but they definitely weren't the only ones. There were screenings, contests, music, and plenty of other going-ons in the convention hall.

    It looks like this year is no different, the guest list is once again quite impressive, boasting cult stars like Doug Bradley, Danielle Harris, Michael Berryman, Tom Savini, Dee Wallace, a Night of the Creeps Reunion (feat. Jason Lively, Jill Whitlow, Allen Kayser, and TOM FUCKING ATKINS!!) and many more. There is also going to be some all night movie showings, screenings with Q&A's with the stars, indie films, contests, music, and much more. 

    Personally, I'm going to try and be there all three days as I'm really looking forward to those all night screenings, and since this year it appears to be up North, I don't want to be driving back and forth. I urge all my fellow Kansas City cult film buffs, and fans all across the Midwest to head over to http://www.crypticonkansascity.com for details about the convention, and hopefully I will see you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment